Saturday 14 June 2014

Dive... Dive.... and more Dive......and DIVE MASTER!

You probably wonder where have I been these past few weeks, without any updates or entries. Well apart from being busy diving almost EVERYDAY now, I'm also busy working as a volunteer at Pulau Tiga. Yes, you ready is right, I'm currently volunteering for Pulau Tiga for three months. Ahaaaaa. I guess you're wondering why I suddenly volunteers here, don't you?

Well, I'm currently taking the course to become a Dive Master, yes DIVE MASTER baby and in order to become one, I need to have an Advanced Open Water license, Rescue Diver license, an Emergency First Response (EFR) and finally to have at least 60 dives to be able to certified as a proud DIVE MASTER (DM). So you can imagine how busy I am with diving now.

There reason for volunteering is to ensure I get the cheapest rate for my course and well for sure, for my accommodation and FOODS too! Doing a volunteering means I have to obliges to the company's rules and regulations but the fun part is I'm also trained on how to run a resort/lodging and diving station.

When I don't have any diving practice, I'll be assisting Kenny for Discover Scuba Diving (DSD). Sometimes I assist him and Julius for boat diving too (I'm lucky, I know) and I love it. Julius always say I'm a hyper diver. When I first dive in 14 meter depth, I tend to lose my mind and heads for the blue but now, Julius noticed the pattern had changed, I love chasing after fishes. Julius famous remarks about me are;
1. Sometimes she's diving below you parallel to the sea floor and when you look down she's already gone and diving above you.
2. Sometimes she's on your left and when you turn around she's already on your right.
3. She's just so comfortable in the water and on busy days, you want to prevent her from entering the water because once she's wet, it's really hard to make her leave the water. She'll only show up during lunch time and rested for a while before joyously heading back to the water and you'll have to give her a time out or she'll probably won't leave the water." He kept telling people about this and how I overcome my aquaphobia. Funniest part? I still can't swim at all.

Yes, still can't swim but I'm good to go once you give me my gears. I can stay in the water for hours practicing my skin diving skill as long as I have my mask, fins and snorkels. I haven't been able to fight the fear of not being able to float back if I jump from the jetty and I'm always feel jelly when I saw them jumping from the jetty. Oh talking bout the jetty, I saw one trunk fish yesterday and it swam along side the barnacles and it was big, trunks is definitely one of my favorite fish!

Anyway, I had assisted Kenny for at least 5 DSD so far and sometimes I'll do some filming on my GoPro. Being able to watch new divers being brief for the first time is always my favorite part. It's a refresher for me every time and sometimes, I'll do share my experiences to the new divers. Oh, I can't wait till the day I become a certified one.

Till the next post..

Lots of love (with tons of sea salt)
Jane.

No comments:

Post a Comment