Sunday 3 August 2014

Hey Janey, what happened?

I believe some of you wonder my whereabouts, wonder what I'm up to and probably wonder if I've completed my Dive Master course or not. Well, truth be told... I've been sick and I was asked by a very handsome doctor (which happened to be a diver as well) to rest for a week or two. Well during the check up, doctor told me that my body is quite weak and well, I know myself and I admit that my immune system has never been great my whole life. He told me that probably the reason of me keep getting fever is because of the weather in the island, less of water intake, lack of rest/sleep and improper diet (talk about instant noodles uh).

Blood sample was taken and I was given few types of medicines (yuckkks, I hate the tastes of meds) and like usual it came with the instruction to FINISHED IT UP. So with the restriction to dive was issued by the doctor (yes he's super good looking and I bet he look sexy in his wetsuit) I went back to my aunt house (I live with my aunt and her family in their small flat, I'll will talk bout my life later on), rested myself, slept like nobody's business, ate like no one watching, and read my novel & book like no one around. I was given antibiotics, paracetamol, some greenish pills I reckon  was for my flu, some creams for the bug bites and wounds on my legs thanks to the jelly bugs, and some meds for my nerves system.

                           


A week later I was back in the island feeling better and eager to dive once again but as if luck wasn't on my side, I started coughing like I have a stone buried in my chest. It get worsen by day till I'm about to give up on diving and just return to my aunt's. After few days and bottles of coughing syrup, I finally felt a lot better and less agitated bout myself and my condition so yes, I jump in for a dive! 

I tried diving with slightly blocked nose before and it was terrible (I know, I can be plain stupid sometimes and you can expect me to do that often) and as if blocked nose wasn't terrible enough, coughing is another deadly thing you shouldn't attempt to dive with. I've learn my lesson. I was diving with my instructor Julius, one of our friend (which happened to be my buddy during our Open Water course), a practical Dive Master trainee (Jen-Jen) and me. It wasn't that deep, it's only around 8m and I stayed at 5-6m most the time. Things get worse when my trachea starting to feel dry and I automatically cough way more than I should do. It happened several times and it almost gives me a panic attack because every time I coughed, my regulator was about to be blown away and since I'm diving close to my friend and Jen-Jen, they seems to noticed it and asked if everything okay. I thought I had everything under control or at least I could managed and I give them my "OK" signal.

After 15mins, I started to feel giddy and every time I try to equalize, I feels like vomiting. I thought I might as well abort the dive and ascend on my own but then I decided to stay and so I dove and brace my regulator for another 45mins at 6m. I know I was jeopardizing myself but I'm always this stubborn me and I always try to push myself even harder. In then end, what I did for the remaining 45min was, to breathe like usual, cough if I have to but making sure my hand is holding my regulator and did regulator clearing numerous times whenever I feel like my trachea is drying up. I would never attempt on doing another dive with half blocked nose or even a slight cough.

So, I know I've been quiet with only a post published every month but I just can't help it. Sometimes, other priorities come slapping my face and I have to stay away from my computer and thus the lack of post. I would love to write everyday, post everything about Pulau Tiga and it's attraction and I wish I have a better brain to do all these creative writing instead of making it duller and duller by days. So as I press the enter button for this post, i wish this won't be the last I'll be posting for this month and before I get going and find more inspiration to write (yeah right Janey), I'll leave you with this stunningly beautiful sunset I took using my iPhone.

     



Till the next post, 

Lots of sea salt love from Pulau Tiga,
Janey



p/s: when are you guys coming, this ocean is so big to be playing alone all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment